Saturday, January 28, 2012

Organize


We live in a home with extremely tiny closets. In fact our bedroom does not even have a closet. So since we don’t have children I turned one of our rooms into a closet! I have no idea how I convinced my husband to give me an entire room for my clothes and shoes but it happen and I’m not complaining. 

I’m using Kendi’s Working Closet Series and Ruche’s One Week to a New Closet to get inspiration for my closet and how to make it more organized and work better for me. One thing that I do different from the beginning is get organize. I feel like if I am organized I can then see better what I want to change, sell, swap, well you get the point. When I was growing up and I would have to clean my room my Mom made us move everything to the middle of the room and then put things where they need to go. It made everything else clean and organized so it was easier to put things away where they go. I still do the same thing today (thanks Mom). So my first step is to get organized. I first hung up all my clothes. If they could fit on hanger I hung them up. Then I color coded everything, separated my pants, skirts, and dressed away from my shirts. I also bought a rack just for work clothes. I found this makes things so much easier when I’m getting dressed in the morning.  The armoire was given to us and it first I had no idea what to do with it. I didn’t really like the idea of using it as a clothes rack and now I love it with my shoes on it and then perfect to hang extra hangers at the top.
Now that this is done I am going to go back through this week and purge! Then I’m getting together with a couple friends for a swap party. I love this idea and I can’t wait to have my first swap. 




OK so I was brave enough to post pictures of my closet so let’s see yours! What have you done in the past when organizing your closet? What works for you?

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are very lucky to live in an apartment with amazing closets (we even have a large outdoor closet on our balcony). The downside of that is that our kitchen is about the size of a closet. Each year, we clean ours out and find pieces to donate, but it could still be better-organized, I suspect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would trade our kitchen for a closet! :)

      Delete