Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Update



My husband and I along with my sister and her boyfriend decided to run a half marathon coming up in March. When we signed up it was before Thanksgiving and plenty of time to train. Yea well the holidays got in the way of any training and my poor 3 miles that I can run is just not going to cut it when going up against 13.1. I physically hurt when I look at think about running that many miles.  So a few weeks back I searched the races in our area and decided we should at least run a 5k then a 10k before the half marathon.  The 5k was supposed to be this weekend. So Friday night I look up the race course and it was not a 5k but a 10k. We decided to go ahead and run. I will spare you the details but we did finish. I was very proud of us both. Although it was not pretty I am glad that we went through with it. My body is still aching.
The most important thing is I have a t-shirt to prove it. 
After the race and a long shower we had a Mardi Gras ball. For those of you not familiar with Mardi Gras you will be hearing more on the topic later. If you want me to send you a King Cake, Moonpie’s and beads just let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment