Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks!

As you can tell there is no outfit no outfit today... again. I had every intention of posting up several outfits to catch up on the challenge but it just didn't happen. Thanksgiving for me and my husband started out at his parents and after we stuffed out face till we could barely move we headed to my family's house where we played Just Dance 2 (absolutely hilarious and my husband beat me!) and watched some old family videos. After a couple hours there we headed to see my Great Grandmother and then headed back to our house for some leftovers! Whew we are exhausted. Anyway this day has flew by! We barely had time to settle into one place before we had to leave to go to another, which I am not complaining about but instead of an outfit photo shoot I am spending quality lazy time with my husband! 
This is an email that my dad wrote and sent to several people and I thought I would share it with you! He always finds just the right words to make you think
and it sure did have me thinking!
To All:
Are we really thankful?  I’m sure everyone has experienced the inevitable question during or on Thanksgiving Day; What are YOU thankful for?  Our Thanksgiving Day ritual is to gather all the aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers and sister together and eat till we’re tired, not till we’re full, but until we are tired.  We watch boring a football or anything that will help facility the upcoming nap, wake up from the nap rested so that we can eat some more.  Two years ago, someone suggested the novel idea of, while we are all gathered for the Thanksgiving prayer, let’s go around the circle and tell what we are thankful for.  You would have thought someone would have suggested we all gather for a trip to the dentist.  I’ve never heard so much moaning, groaning, and wailing from the crowd.  If you’d asked them to talk about the Iron Bowl, or what sales they are going to at 4AM, now that’s something to talk about. 
 
So what is so hard about expressing thanks?  Is it that we just like to do it privately?  Is it too emotional?  I was recently at a funeral and was talking to the daughter of the man who had passed away, she went on and on about how much her dad meant to her and I wondered if he got a chance to hear that from her. 
 
It got me to thinking of a new question this Thanksgiving, WHO are you thankful for?  God has blessed me with so many people in my life that encourage me, that challenge me, but more than anything they love me.  My wife and children love me for who they see, not for the scoundrel I really am.  It humbles me to know that I am loved by The Heavenly Father, the one who knows me best, is the one who loves me most.  So let’s give thanks for the WHO, God has blessed us with today, tomorrow and for every other day……..isn’t everyday Thanksgiving?
 
Billy



Happy Thanksgiving people! 

2 comments:

  1. Spending time with family is way more important than blogging. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. See you when you get back!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista! And spending time with family is way more important than blogging, I chose to spend time with my family too. I may be behind on the challenge but I had sooo much fun!
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete